Dribble has released results from it’s 2020 “Global Design Survey” which provides data from over 17,000 polled design professionals. The survey explores designer salaries, career trends, and various other findings. I’ve detailed below some notable mentions from the survey:
- 62% of global respondents are employed in house or through an agency.
- 16% of global respondents are self employed.
- 48% of global respondents have a bachelor degree, and 20% have some college experience.
- 38% of global respondents make less than $20,000 U.S., with 50% being from Europe or Asia.
- 10% of respondents from the U.S. make less than $20,000.
- 22% of respondents from the U.S. make between $50,000 and $75,000 (largest % group).
- 42% of global respondents claimed to be mostly self taught, 29% school taught, and 16% learned on the job.
- California, Washington state and New York have the highest % of $100,000+ salary earners in the U.S.
- Florida, Ohio and Michigan were the lowest paid states amongst respondents in the U.S.
- In a job satisfaction ranking of 1 to 10 (10 being satisfied), the global average was 6.7, and 6.9 with U.S. designers.
- Graphic designers, product designers and UX designers being shown as the most in demand titles.
- Nearly half of all freelance designers mentioned their last freelance opportunity was through direct contact.
You can view the full results and download a copy of Dribble’s survey here.