I’m not a Buddhist, I’m just a graphic designer who appreciates good advice. Compiled below are some words of wisdom that you may also find insightful.
- Follow the three R’s: respect yourself, respect others, & have responsibility for your actions.
- Practicing compassion will benefit both yourself and others.
- Judge your level of success by what you had to give up in order to achieve it.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- The greatest action is not conforming with the world’s ways.
- The best relationships are the ones where admiration for each other exceeds the need for each other.
- Share the knowledge you have acquired. It is a way to achieve immortality.
- During disagreements, it’s best to only deal with the current situation rather than bringing up the past.
- Living an honorable life will allow you to look back when you are older, and enjoy it a second time.
- Spend some time alone every day. It will help you clear your mind.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, it’s best to take immediate steps to correct it.
- Not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- You only loose what you cling to.
- Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.
- Foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
- Practicing compassion will result in happiness for you and others.
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who’ll get burned.
If you have something to add, please do so below.